Laser Therapy. Pain Removed. Life Improved
*Laser Therapy is offered at our Panola County location only
We take pain relief very seriously and employ preventive pain management strategies to insure our patients are comfortable during time of pain.
What is Laser Therapy?
- FDA approved method of preventing and managing pain in animals, as well as aiding in infections. Laser therapy has often been described as "needleless acupunture."
- A surgery free, drug free, noninvasive treatment to reduce pain, reduce inflammation, and increase the speed of healing.
How does Laser Therapy Work?
- A laser light is delivered through a noninvasive hand piece to treat the affected area. Your pet may feel a gentle and soothing warm feeling due to the delivery of photons, or packets of light energy deep into the tissues. These photons are absorbed within the mitochondria of the cells and induce a chemical change called “photo-bio-modulation”. This light energy then inspires production of ATP in the cell. ATP is the fuel, or energy, cells need for repair and rejuvenation. Impaired or injured cells do not make this fuel at an optimal rate. Increased ATP production leads to healthier cells, healthier tissue, and healthier animals.
- Acute Conditions
- Cuts/ Bites
- Tooth Extraction Pain Relief
- Sprains, Strains & Fractures
- Post-Surgical Healing / Pain Relief
- Chronic Conditions
- Degenerative Joint Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Periodontal Disease
- Lick Granulomas
- Geriatric Care
- Hip Dysplasia
- Feline Acne
How long does treatment take?
- Laser therapy treatment is safe, painless and fast. Treatment to deeper tissues can vary in time due to the complexity. For some chronic patients, multiple joints will be treated during one laser treatment session. When appropriate, laser therapy can be used as a complementary adjunct to other treatment plans. Most treatments take matter of minutes but the healing process continues to actively reduce inflammation for up to 24 hours after treatment.
“We are experiencing amazing results with laser therapy. Many patients have been able to reduce their medication and almost all have decreased pain and increased mobility”.
Dr. Jeff Travis
Click here for more information on Laser Therapy